Monday, April 5, 2010

Cupertino Bunny Fun Run


I've never enjoyed running...it hurt my knees and gave me plantar fasciitus. Within the last year I went to the doctor after getting plantar fasciitus multiple times. It usually came as a result of bikram yoga or running and I was tired of having this terrible pain on the bottom of my foot that would last for a couple weeks at a time. (And I was pretty lucky because for some people it lasts months or even years). It's a difficult thing to take car of when you have a job where you are on your feet all day. My insurance took care of me and I was able to get custom made insoles. They have been great! In February I ran the Campbell Valentines 10K and this past weekend I ran the Cupertino 5K. And my feet feel great. I'm not a fast runner, my goal is always just to run and not stop and so far that goal has been accomplished. My next goal is to run a half marathon. Above is a picture of a friend, Julia May, that I ran into after the race.

No comments: