Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby on the Way! :) (Last year)

It was this time last year (March 8th 2010), that we found out we were expecting. I can still remember the smile that beamed from ear to ear when I saw the positive sign. I couldn't have been more excited. My brother Garrett's wedding was a few days later, it was so hard to be around my family and not just shout out the secret that I was so excited about. Before getting pregnant I always thought that I had wanted to wait until I was four months along or showing until I told anyone, but once I found out I didn't know how long I was going to be able to keep it in. At our 8 week appointment I got to see the little peanut inside of me and was able to see it's heartbeat. At 12 weeks Andy was able to come to the appointment and we were able to see and hear the baby's heartbeat. Hearing her heartbeat for the first time was such an emotional experience for me, I loved it! So at 12 weeks I figured it was fairly safe to tell my family. After leaving the 12 week appointment I called my parents to see if they wanted to go out for chinese food. I figured we could put some sort of fortune in the cookie letting them know we were expecting. My mom was already making dinner so instead she invited us over. I told her that Andy was working near Dick's bakery so I would have him pick up a burnt almond cake (the cake they are famous for). When Andy brought in the cake I went over and took off the tape and peeked in and said, "that looks good". My dad then went over and peeked in and got all emotional like he does and then he called my mom over to look at it. The writing on the cake said, "Congratulations, baby on the way". For a second my dad thought that maybe we had picked up someone else's cake by accident. Needless to say they were excited to find out that a grand baby was on it's way.
One of the best reactions we got that night was from my teenage cousin, Kyle. When we told him that we were going to have a "mini armstrong" he quickly responded, "you guys are going to get a mini!" He had been wanting a mini cooper for quite sometime so when he heard mini his mind went straight to cars. We laughed pretty hard.

1 comment:

anitamombanita said...

Love it! What a cute story and now, a year later, what a precious little girl you have. She is adorable. But then you already knew that! :)