Monday, March 14, 2011

Visiting Friends in Washington



In the end of January Adalyn (2 months old)  and I went to Washington to visit some friends.  Our first stop was in Everett where we met Jackson (7 months old).  Isn't he handsome! :) He is my friend Katie's son.  Katie and I were mission companions together in Balneario Camboriu, Brazil.  We were companions when I had been out in the field for 6 weeks and she had been out for 3 months.  I'm proud of how we were committed to only speaking Portuguese together, although it would have been easier for us to speak english I know we were blessed for our efforts in learning the language.  I can still remember one of our last p-days together when we had our first conversation in english... :) our conversation lasted for quite some time, and we enjoyed seeing more of each other's personalities.
The adorable owl hats that Katie made
So cute! I loved taking pictures of him going after her bow.  Katie actually showed me how to make bows and made this bow for Adalyn. She has a box full of ribbons and flowers that she had in preparation for her little girl to be born... after finding out from the ultrasound that they were expecting a girl her and her husband were surprised on the baby's birthday with a beautiful baby boy.
Katie and I
Our sleeping babes

Next Adalyn and I went to Bellingham to visit Laura and her family.  Laura and I went to High School together and then I convinced her to move from BYU Idaho to Salt Lake City to attend the University of Utah.  We were roommates the year before I left for Brazil.  
Adalyn and I with Mason and Spencer
Laura and her boys
I had a great time getting to know her cute boys and I enjoyed watching my friend's children interact with Adalyn.  Mason was even sweet enough to share his string cheese with Adalyn. :) I'm glad she didn't try to swallow it.

Thank you Katie & Brett and Laura & David for letting me come visit!

No comments: