Wednesday, February 2, 2011

dumping out my thoughts

Happy Wednesday!

I am in great mood today for so many reasons...

1) Adalyn and I are a little sick but we both had a great nights sleep last night
2) The sun is shinning
3) The laundry is done, the dishes are done, and my closet is organized
4) Adalyn has full tummy, a clean diaper, and is sleeping soundly
5) I am accomplishing the 5 goals that I set for myself for the next twelve weeks (they were just put into action yesterday :) )
6) I may have found a sitter for Adalyn! :)
7) It's 2 o'clock and I'm still in my pj's (but hey, they are comfy, cute and free of spit up)
8) When Adalyn wakes up I am going to put her in the stroller and go for a jog for the first time (I haven't run since April or May of 2010!)
9) There are still many hours left in the day and we are going to go visit my grandparents later today.

This is a little strange, I journal, and whoever wants to read it can. I need to start posting pictures so people can just scroll through and look at pictures if they want to. But they are all on Andy's computer.

On Monday it hit me that I was going to go back to work in two weeks! I talked to my boss, and when he and I were going over my schedule Adalyn started screaming. I apologized for her screaming in his ear and his response was, "she must know what we're talking about". I am super sad to leave her and I hope I don't cry all day long my first day back, I know it's going to be harder on me than her. I am going to be working on Tuesdays, Fridays and every other Saturday. On Monday I was really sad when I thought about leaving her (especially because I still had no idea who I was going to find to watch her) I cried for a good portion of the day. I kept having to remind myself that everything would work out okay and that I didn't need to worry about it because worrying wouldn't get me anywhere. In my mind I knew I needed to stop stressing over it so that I could enjoy the next two weeks. I interviewed a great girl this morning and I think it is going to work out. Is it possible that I could find the right fit after just interviewing one girl?! I didn't think it was going to be that easy, but I'll take it! I was a nanny during highschool and college... it is so strange to now be on the other end.

3 comments:

anitamombanita said...

Oh...it must be hard to be thinking about going back to work, let alone actually doing it. But you'll be fine, and sweet Adalyn will too. She knows shes got plenty of love.

xo
anita

{Katie} said...

I'm so glad that you found a sitter! That is a huge relief I bet. I know it will be hard to leave Adalyn, but it'll get easier and you will both do great I'm sure! It'll make your time together even more special. :)

Dan & Staci said...

Marissa I am so glad that you are blogging again so that I can see how you are doing. I don't have a facebook account so it is so hard for me to keep in touch with anyone these days so I will faithfully be reading your blog. I am anxious to see a picture of your little girl!